Tuesday 20 May 2008

My first Blog

This is all so new to me but I'll give it a try as it looks fun!
A while ago I decided I wanted to do something more with my life and on reading a newspaper article in the local 'rag' decided to do some volunteer work. After a long process which I won't bore you with I went along to my first session of volunteering today in a sheltered housing complex run by a non-profit organisation with charitable status.
I was a bit nervous as I had initially volunteered to hold some craft classes but on meeting the people said I would be willing to meet and chat with the residents and any in particular who didn't get much visitors.

Today being my first visit and I met and chatted with about 9 of the residents over a cup of tea and some biscuits in their common room. It was lovely meeting these people and getting to know a little about them and their interests. Next week I have agreed to hold a class in card-making so watch this space!
Liz x

2 comments:

Cazz said...

Well done on your new blog. Its great. I shall add yours to my list xxxx

Toni said...

Fantastic news Liz a lovely blog